Season 2014 starts 17 May
Welcome to the East Södermanland Railway – Sweden´s oldest steam preservation railway. Our railway is situated at Mariefred, near Stockholm and close to the E20 motorway. Our gauge is just 600 mm between the rails, and in the summer months we operate some truly antique, original rolling stock from the early 1900´s. This has been collected from the seven little public carrier 600 mm gauge railways that Sweden once had.
During 2014 the following special events will be arranged
- Our annual “TRAIN RELEASE DAY”, on 27 April – Open House in our shops from 11.00 to 16.00 – demonstrations of rolling stock – free coffee at the Railway Café – free balloons and free engine rides for all children. This is something we are operating annually, jointly with all the Swedish Veteran Steam Lines.
- 17 May - Day of Homage to our old locomotives built in MOTALA !!! (also start of regular traffic)
- 7 June – Our annual STEAM TRAIN DAY, with extra attractions, veteran machinery demonstrated, etc. – see special timetable!
- -27 September – Our annual Members´ Day – see special timetable!
- -November – Steam traffic on a number of days to Taxinge Christmas Fair!!
- 30 November – same; Mariefred´s local Christmas Fair!!!
Timetables and ticket fares in 2014
About the English part of our webpage
We have a lot to tell about our veteran steam railway project, so structuring of the homepage may be a bit difficult, depending on what you may want to read about first of all. With the current design of our homepage, only the items in the menu links to pages translated to English. This will be fixed in the new release of a redesigned and restructured webpage, which we plan to release in spring 2014. For Swedish-spelled pages, please use Google translation .